Obtaining a Credential
Obtaining a Credential with Our Fellowship
If you are viewing this page you are no doubt pursuing a call upon your life for ministry. There is nothing more important than obeying the leading of the Holy Spirit, and we can think of no higher calling than serving the will of God by serving your fellowman through ministry - whether that be in the pulpit or on the mission field or with music or other skills with which you have been blessed.
The gifts and callings are of God; a credential is man’s response in honoring and validating that call. We encourage you to download the Credential Brochure
to help you understand the process involved in receiving a credential with the Assemblies of God and more particularly with the Mississippi District. As you will see, there are a variety of options available to you in this regard.
As a credentialed Assemblies of God minister you join the ranks of men and women who for decades have proclaimed and lived the principles set forth in the Scriptures. We encourage you to pursue your credential diligently. Please feel free to contact us if needed as we want to help you in fulfilling God’s call on your life.
For more information contact us
STEP ONE IN CREDENTIAL APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Submit a letter to Rev. Derek Youngblood, District Secretary Treasurer, and include the following:
- What is your calling?
- Describe ministry involvement and plans (past, present and future).
- In what way are you proclaiming the gospel?
- Why do you desire credentials with the Assemblies of God?
- State your marital status and if you and/or your spouse have had a divorce in the past.
- What level of credential do you wish to obtain?
- Are educational requirements completed for the level of credential you seek?